Family

Family
The Reason I do what I do!!!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Is it right?

Over the last few days all I have heard over the radio, is the excitement about killing Bin Laden.  Yeah he was a scumbag and as far as I am concerned probably deserved much worse than a simple bullet, but what gets to me is the reaction of the people.  Parties, celebrations, its just a bit much for me.  I think we did what had to be done but to celebrate the taking of another life regardless of how dangerous is not right.  There are times when we have to kill, and this was undoubtedly one of those times, but it should be a sigh of, we did it because we had to, not WOO HOO we killed someone.  Killing someone should never be celebrated.  If you have never read, heard, or seen End of the spear, you should.  The story is of a tribe of Indians in Ecuador who were extremely brutal.  So much so that they were not only killing people who were trying to build or work too close to their jungle, but also murdering each other into extinction.  A group of 5 missionaries decided they wanted to reach out and try to save these Indians known as the Waodoni. The problem is no one had ever made contact with them and lived... The men took guns with them and one of the mens kids asked if they would defend themselves.  His answer was amazing; Son we cant shoot the Waodoni, they are not ready to die yet, they dont know God." (Or something very similar to that).  Those men were slaughtered by the Indians and they never shot one of them.  The families of these men later went and also made contact with the Waodoni, and well eventually brought them to Christ and in doing that peace.  I guess I say all that and wonder what could have been?
  
To our soldiers
Thank you.  You have served this country well and we are forever grateful.    

2 comments:

  1. Hey friend! I'm still wrestling this one out myself. I hate the statuses that say (basically or literally) that Osama can rot in hell. I don't think we should ever ever wish that on anyone. I did, however, read a blog from a professor I respect that gives a counter point to your post. Check it out. I think it's interesting. :)

    http://dribex.tumblr.com/post/5135389522/on-the-death-of-a-mass-murderer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to say that i dont disagree with him... I have no problem with him being killed.. and I think that if people were praising God for bringing one of his enemies to justice that would be great, however I dont think that is what is happening. He did get what he deserved and that is what hurts. I guess it makes me think about what would happen to me if I got what I truly deserved...

    ReplyDelete