Family

Family
The Reason I do what I do!!!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Worth

Where do you find your worth???  Yesterday I heard a really good sermon from a young Pastor at my church.  He explained how when he got engaged and then had doubts he called it off.  It only lasted a couple of days until  he proposed again, she said yes and they are now happily married. That is not the point though.  The point is what happened to him inside those 3 days.  Pastor Adam had come to realize that he was getting his worth from her.  She was filling him up and making him whole, or so he thought.  During the 3 days he realized that he needed to have God fill him up first then he can bring her along for the ride.  


Again I ask, where do you find your worth?  Is it a job, your family, your stuff?  Or is it in what you have accomplished?  Something to keep in mind; enjoying your job or having a meaningful on is good.  Taking care of your family and being proud of them is not a bad thing, and trying to accumulate a bunch of stuff is neither good or bad, but they all have one thing in common.  They are all temporal.  They dont last, and if this is where you are getting your sense of satisfaction then you are in for a kick in the you know where. If your worth is in your job and you lose your job are you now worth nothing?  NO!  What about your family?  If they leave you or your husband or wife cheats on you does that take away your worth? NO!  These things do not define who you are.  If you are looking for worth in these things you have to turn your focus skyward.(not literally) When I took on the mantle of being a Christian, after years of questions and answers  I know that above all else I am a sinner saved by grace.  I am a child of God.  I am of worth because God finds me worthy not because of what I have done or will do.  My life in Christ is what defines me.  Every aspect of my life has been affected by this truth.  So can yours.  No matter how many times you have messed up, no matter how many people that you have hurt, Christ will meet you where you are and he will take you along and carry you when necessary.  

2 comments:

  1. i know you tell me this all the time, ry. my "absorption time" is simply a bit slower than others 'cuz a' my hard head. hard to rationalize "worthy" with "broken" DESPITE what may be true. it's not blasphemy; simply the power of guilt and doubt. workin on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No foster definitely not blasphemy. Broken is a beautiful thing, or at least it can be. Sometimes God will break you down until you have no other choice but to rely on Him.

    Besides when you have all sorts of "things" it can be hard to see God when all your "stuff" is blocking your view. He may take it away so that you can see him more clearly..

    ReplyDelete