Family

Family
The Reason I do what I do!!!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Saturday is the day....

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God".
-Mark 10:25 NASB


Wow what bold statement Jesus says here.  Is he saying that it is impossible for a rich man to go to heaven since as far as I know there is no needle big enough for a camel to fit through?  Not at all.  Let me explain, what Christ is saying in this passage is that it is very hard for those who have a lot to give it up for the glory of God.  A poor person or one with very little has nothing so its no biggie to let go and give up yourself for the Lord, but a rich man will have a harder time because he has more.  Look at the parable of the rich young ruler. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark%2010:17-31,Matthew%2019:16-30,Luke%2018:18-30&version=NASB
Now what about this camel and needle thing?  Well back when cities had walls around them and big gates to go in and out of at night the big gates would be locked, but next to the gates in the wall was a small door about the right size for a person maybe slightly larger.  It was used so at night when the large gate was locked people could come and go through it.  This was called in slang terms the eye of a needle.  It would surely be a task to get a camel through one of those thats for sure.  I hope this has shed some light on a great verse any questions please let me know.





This Saturday marks the completion of my 90 day challenge... I know I have made some good progress and I know that I still have a ways to go.  I have not weighed myself in about a month for two reasons.  The scale that I was using was a wrestling scale at the High school that I coach at and it is within .2lbs accurate.  It is no longer there due to wrestling season being over.  The other reason is that I do not want to get discouraged in my last days on the challenge so I thought I would wait.  I will weigh and measure and take pics this Saturday and post them ASAP.  I dont know if I will get them up on Saturday because  I have to leave for KY right after work but for sure by Monday.  Thank you all for your support and encouragement over the last 3 months, and don't worry I will still be eating right and blogging on here with my progress so keep in touch and see if I can get my goal by summer.  I want to be able to work out or go outside with my shirt off and not feel like the fat guy... 

No comments:

Post a Comment